Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Spending Time with the Irishman

After work today I headed to Sherman Oaks Galleria to have dinner and watch a movie with my buddy from Ireland Thomas. He was visiting for San Diego Comic Con and was doing another week in Los Angeles. I wanted to spend as much time with him since we don't get to see each other very often.

Got to the galleria and he was waiting for me near the Starbucks. We opted to have dinner at P.F. Chang's since he's never eaten there before. We were both hungry and I have to say this is the first time that I have ever finished all my food from this place. It was some yummy stuff. During dinner I got the load down of the happenings in Ireland.

We were going to see The Amazing Spiderman and the great thing about going to the Arclight of Sherman Oaks is the seating is assigned. So we didn't have to wait in line. This is a quick story about getting these tickets yesterday. I purchased them online but failed to change the date so I got them for that night. I quickly called the theater and after the phone rang about 50 times someone answered and quickly changed my tickets from yesterday to today.

Anyways I enjoyed the previous incarnation of Spiderman on the big screen and I felt it was way too soon for a reboot but was looking forward to this movie. Got our soda and sat center, center and the movie started. First of all it had Sally Fields (she's one of my all time favorite actors) so yay!!! Now for my review of this version of Spiderman. Overall I enjoyed the movie. I have to say that I don't think it added anything new to the Spiderman lore. The SFX were pretty good and I enjoyed the acting. The origin story was good but again it didn't feel original. If the Sam Rami Spiderman movies didn't exist this would be a pretty epic movie. Andrew Garfield who played Spiderman did a pretty good job acting more like a spider (being twitchy) and man is he a good crier. But over all it was just good movie, not great. I'd give it a B.

After dinner and a movie we said our goodbyes and would be seeing each other again on Saturday when we do this all over again for The Dark Knight Rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment