Saturday, June 24, 2006

Charity Screening of Serenity


Last night Harry and I went to a charity screening of the movie Serenity. Even though the movie is long gone from the big screen "Browncoats" as Firefly/Serenity fans like to be called decided to put together as many screenings on this weekend, being Joss Whedon's birthday. I don' t know the total number of theaters but I do know it's over 50 theaters all over the world had screenings. Luckily enough a group that I belong too SoCal Browncoats put together a screening in Pasadena. I volunteered to videotape the event so I ran around with my DV cam and took video of the line, which went around the corner, talked with fellow fans and had a great time. Seeing Serenity on the big screen again was AWESOME and seeing it with Browncoats was even better.. everyone cheered, applauded, cried and laughed at inside jokes all at the same time. And the even better part is we raised $4000.00 dollars for Joss Whedon's favorite charity ' Equality Now".

Another highlight of the night was the raffle. They had a ton of Serenity/Firefly stuff to raffle off. And even thought I didn't win the big big prize (ticket to Flanvention Con this year) I did win a very cool "Can't Stop The Serenity" T-shirt signed by Joss Whedon himself. It's funny because they had another raffle at the Flanvention last year and I won a Serenity comic book signed by Joss Whedon as well.. guess I'm lucky when it comes to winning things that Joss signed. All in all a wonderful night and a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment