Thursday, July 20, 2006

Comic Con Day One

Well after getting five phone calls from work asking me various questions I managed to get everything packed and ready to go. Tom showed up and we jumped in the car and went to the store to buy some snacks. We were just about to get on the freeway when i noticed that I didn't have the directions or my hotel conformation information so back to the apartment we go. So we get the info and head out again. After almost four hours in the car we get to the hotel and find out another surprise. A few months back my credit card was stolen and I cancelled the card and was re-issued another one. Well I used that cancel card to hold the room, I thought this would be okay because they ran the CC number when I booked the room back in Feb. to make sure it was good. I figure when I got there I could give them the new one and all would be good. Well the guy told me that they cancelled our room because the credit card was bad. He then went on to tell me that I was a bad person because the credit card was bad. I tried to argue but they already gave the room to someone else. Tom asked why they didn't call us or let us know about this and he said it was my problem and not theres.. he also mentioned that they booked our room for about $500 a night instead of the $189 that booked it at back in Feb.. He was the most un-helpful person but after talking to him he did call another hotel and asked if they had rooms and if we could get the same rate. Well the rate we paid for this hotel was high because it was close to the convention center. Our new hotel was 5 miles even though the guy said it was 1 mile away from his hotel. So we paid a ton of money for a crappy hotel five miles away and had to taxi in every day which cost us another 100 dollars what we didn't expect.

We did manage to get to the convention center before they closed and get our badges and still make it to the second half of a panel with Kenneth Johnson the creator of V, The Incredible Hulk, Bionic Man and Woman, Alien Nation amoung others. So what started off as a horrible day and continued to be a crappy afternoon ended with a good night. Next up Friday.. one of the busiest con days.

No comments:

Post a Comment