Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Star Trek

Today they are pre-releasing the new Star Trek at 7:00pm. I have many friends who are uber excited and already got their tickets and will be watching it tonight. I on the other hand am not uber excited and haven't been. It's strange as I consider myself a huge geeky trekkie but I just can't get super excited for this film. If this movie was a sequel with TNG, DS9 or Voyager crew then I would be super excited and first in line.. but it's not. Yes I have seen the preview and it looks like a fun movie but I can't consider it Star Trek, at least not the Star Trek that I grew up with and loved.

Of course I'll see it opening weekend (hopefully Sunday) and I'll hold off judgement until after I see it. And except that I'll love it but not as a continuation of my beloved Star Trek Universe.

Guess will see.. stayed tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment