Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Saga Continues

Today when I went to check up on our Mortgage Status Report I noticed that I had a warning that my interest rate lock was going to expire on June 26th but our closing of escrow isn't going to happen until July 26th. It seems when I called to give the info my lender they gave me a 30 day interest lock instead of a 60 day lock. I guess it's partially my fault as I didn't know realize this when I read the paperwork but it's more the lenders fault as she knew we had a 60 day escrow as I told her this but she gave us a 30 day rate lock.

So I tried to contact her and found out she is out of the office until Monday June 22nd. She did leave another person's name whom I could contact for emergencies and I felt this was one. So I called this new guy and left him a message. Hours pass and I hear nothing, I began to panic as we have a really good rate right now and if it expires we would have to pay to have it locked again and there is no guarantee they rate would be as low as it was when we first locked it.

On my way to lunch I got a call but because I was driving I did not answer it. While at lunch I listened to my voice messages and it was the guy informing me that yes my interest rate is going to expire next Friday and that he doesn't know why my lender would do a 30 lock with a 60 day escrow. He said there were a few options but it will cost money and or points.

As I was backing out of the parking lot at lunch worried about losing our rate I accidentally backed into another parked car.. and of course the guy was sitting in his car eating lunch. We got out and looked to see if there was any damage but his car was already beat up and he said it looked fine. I said sorry and went on my way.

Got back to the office and called this guy and once again got his voicemail. I lift a message and waited for a call... it never came.

No comments:

Post a Comment