Thursday, March 4, 2010

Podcasting Network

Like I'm not busy enough I have taken on a very big project. About a year or so ago my friend Jen and I who co-host The Ready Room podcast, ventured out to create our own podcasts. Jen with Anomaly and myself with Knights of the Guild. We talked back then about creating a Podcast Network as we had several friend who also created their own podcasts; Meds with Waffle On, Rick with Take Him With You and Tim with AppyTimes. Nothing every came from it but it's always been in the back of our minds. Earlier this week the fires were stoked and the idea came back up to the for front and things started to happen. In a matter of a few days we have gotten 8 podcasts, 4 webseries, 1 blog and 1 audio drama who are interested in joining "this" network. We also picked out a name for this new group called "The Media Nexus". We also expanded this network to include all things geeky in web media, like podcasting, webseries, video blogs, web comics, blogs and audio dramas. Our next step is to figure out what we want this "Nexus" to include, ie forums, chat room, etc... And then we start to design the logo and main website. It's going to be lots of work but in the end I hope we create a wonderful Hub of Geeky web media.. and in time maybe generate some revenue for those involved. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very exciting!

    I'm looking forward to seeing things develop. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ambitious and fun. Bets thing to do in the beginning is to outline and share the purpose of the network....the "why". Then we, the consumers can understand "why" we want you.

    I can't wait to hear more. Creative looks good on you Kenny!

    ReplyDelete