Sunday, April 4, 2010

Family Visit

My family is not religious so Easter really isn't that important to us. But we do normally get together for a dinner and this year I thought it would be fun to invite my family to our new house. Harry and I have been here for over seven months but they still haven't seen it. So my Dad, Brother, Sister-in-law and Nephew joined us today for an "Easter" dinner.

It was fun as normally we go over to Dad's and he cooks the dinners but this time I was cook the dinner. I was surprised that Michael found the place with no problem. Of course the mentioned how we were in the middle of no where, everyone who visits us says the same thing. We then took them on a tour of the house and they all liked the place. We then took them on a tour of the land, Dad, Lora and Kenobi walked around for a bit but then went inside while Harry, Michael and I continued to walk around. Mike saw all the potential with the land.

After the tour we went inside and made a fire and sat around and chatted. It was kind of nice as when we visit them we normally sit around and watch TV, so this was a nice change. Of course a few hours in Mike mentioned a Lakers games and he and Dad headed to the TV room to watch. Lora hung out with Harry and I as I started Dinner.

Dinner turned out pretty good, everything seemed to like the meal. We visited another hour or so and then they decided to head home as they wanted to get home before the sun went down.

All in all it was a great day filled with food and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment