Saturday, April 3, 2010

Doctor Who

Today in England they released the first episode of the All New Doctor Who, series Five. This is the Steven Moffat era and has a new Doctor (Matt Smith) and a in Companion (Karen Gillan). Lot's of folks have been worried, as they often are, when the change actors (doctors or companions). So there was a lot of build up for this premiere. It doesn't air in the US for another two weeks but I have "other" means of obtaining a copy of the show. So tonight Harry and I sat down to enjoy the further adventure of Doctor Who.

When it was over both Harry and I had huge grins on our faces. We were on a Doctor Who high. I loved everything about it. Matt Smith played the Doctor perfectly, felt like he had been doing it all his life. I liked Karen as the new companion. I really liked her story and introduction. Steven Moffat has written all my favorite episodes the past seasons including my all time favorite Girl in the Fireplace. He has a way of mixing drama and sadness with heart and zany comedy. I think this was the best opening episode of any season of Who and I can't wait for the second one.

1 comment:

  1. Based on the promo photos I was afraid they were "going young" but I was very pleasantly surprised. The actors seemed like naturals for the roles. Really looking forward to this season

    ReplyDelete