Friday, June 25, 2010

Pacific Northwest Road Trip - Day 7

Today was a very relaxed day. We went over to Ricks place and had breakfast with him and his family. Rick made Belgian Waffles, which were good. After breakfast we hang out and did a recording for a podcast for my friend Meds for his Waffle On program. After that Rick, Harry, Catherine (Rick's daughter), Andrew (Rick's son) and I went to the movies to see Toy Story 3. LOVED IT... you can read more in my separate blog.

After the movies we went back to the Moyer's house where Amy had prepared a special snack... a Deer / Elk Sausage. I had never had deer or elk so I was in for a first.. and I have to say it wasn't bad.. I'd eat it again. While we were at the movies Daisy stayed with Amy and actually did fairly well.. so that was good.

I then tried to find hotels for the rest of the trip. We had booked hotels only up to Aberdeen. We didn't want to drive all the way trough to Montana and wanted to stop in Spokane (WA). Turns out there is some sort of event going on this weekend and it is literally impossible to find a reasonable priced hotel room. So we opted to book hotels for all other stop on this road trip, which almost caused me to have a nervous breakdown.

This of course means that we have no hotel book for tomorrow. Tomorrow we will drive east and visit Leavenworth (WA), a town that is a recreation of a German city. After that we will have to decide if try to find a hotel to stay, continue to drive east and hope to find a hotel along the way, or sleep in my truck in the parking lot of a Walmart.

After that we took Rick and his family out for dinner to the Mazatlan restaurant. All of us love Mexican food and it was absolutely worth it. After dinner we hung out at Moyer's house and made S'mores... and believe it or not that was my first time every having them. (you can watch the video in my blog) Then it was time for group pictures since that was our last day with them. Both, Harry and I, loved spending time with them... and it's sad that we had to say good bye. Maybe they can make it down to our place for my 40th birthday in September. That would be awesome.

It was a FANTASTIC 3 days hanging out with The Moyers


1 comment:

  1. The event in Spokane was Hoopfest, the largest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the world. 6700 teams and 200,000 players and fans.

    If you are still looking for places to stay in Leavenworth, we've put together a website from a tourist's perspective. There are links to all the lodging in town that we could find.

    http://www.AccidentalBavarian.com

    ReplyDelete