Saturday, September 1, 2012

Family And My Bestie

Today is the first weekend I've had off in over a month. Between work and The Guild I haven't had a free day so what do I do on my first day off in a month... go visit family of course. Got to spend a few hours with my dad, brother, sister-in-law and my nephew and niece. Also picked up some yummy Chinese food from my favorite restaurant in Corona on my way to visit family. It was a good visit, my nephew is getting better at saying Uncle.. he use to call me Unk.. but now he's saying Uncle, which is adorable. My niece Molly still hates me. I can't hold her for more then a minute before she starts crying bloody murder.

 After my visit with my family I headed out to see my bestie Josh. I haven't seen him in over a month and that's far to long for us not to see each other. What is great he lives fairly close to my family so I can drive two hours and see both family and Josh. As always it was great seeing Josh. We hung out and chatted with his ex Nicole for about an hour. When she left we watched a bit of TV. He had the series Spaced and I haven't never seen it. I've been told by many people that I had to watch this. I have never been a big Simon Pegg fan but I liked him in the new Star Trek and I've slowly been watching his stuff. So we started with season one and got through a few episodes before getting hungry and heading out for dinner. We went to this really good Italian place called Johnny Carino's. We had a nice dinner and then headed back to his place and continued to watch Spaced. Since I live so far away I decided to crash at Josh's place. So we stayed up till about 1am watching Spaced and we manage to watch all of Season one and the first two episodes of season two.

I enjoyed Spaced, it wasn't anything like I expected. I mean from the title alone and that fact that Simon Pegg is a big geek I was expecting some sort of science fiction show, but it's actually a quirky kind of comedy. It's funny and has some very bizarre but lovable characters. I like how some of the scenes were shot. It gave me some great ideas for an upcoming project that I'm working on. I hope to finish off season two soon. British shows are always a hit or miss with me and this one was a hit. Thanks Josh for sharing this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment