Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Thankful Geek

While hiking at Vasquez Rocks today and walking back to the car, walking in front of me was Robert, Rupert and Brett, next to me was Aaron and Josh and behind me was Anthony and Michele. Robert, Rupert and Brett were joking around and laughing and that sight made my heart smile and it hit me that this band of geeks I have assembled are the outcasts, the odd balls, the lonely and we've come together to form this incredible group of friends (The Geek Mob). I have searched my entire life for a group of friends like these and it took to age 40, but I finally have them and I am so thankful.

I have to thank The Guild & Felicia Day, if there was no Guild I don't know if any of us would actually have met. But that's all it took.. because once we met, I made it my job to make sure we stayed together. In order to see these guys every month I created the Movie Marathon Weekends and they have become so epic, so amazing that folks would drive or fly for six to seven hours just to be part of them.. how cool is that.

It goes to show you that even though you are not the popular kid, or a bit odd or socially awkward that there is a group of people who will love you no matter what and accept you just the way you are.

Thank you guys for accepting me.. just the way I am.

Geek Mob Rules!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment