Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm Going to Disneyland

Since I'm out of work, one of the first things that popped into my head was "I'm Going to Disneyland". It's been a few months since I went last and since I have an annual pass I like to take advantage of the parks as much as I can.

It just so happen that my long time friend Craig texted me asking if I wanted to go to Disneyland (out of the blue). I texted him back.. saying OMG I was just wanting to go, so we made plans to go today. Craig's brother Ross was also joining us.

We got to the park around 11am, the parking lot made it look alot less busy then it actually was. I figured it was a Monday and that it wouldn't be too bad, well I should have known better.. Disneyland is always busy.

My friend Craig can't walk long distances (medical issues) so he rented a motorized scooter. The upside of being disabled at Disneyland is that you normally don't have to wait in the long lines. That's not so true for Disney California Adventures. Since it's a newer park it's been built for the handicapped so you have to wait in line like everyone else.

Craig and Ross hadn't done DCA yet so that was the first park we went to. We spent half our day there doing Monster Inc ride, Tower of Terror and Screaming. We tried to do the Radiator Spring Racers but the wait was over 90 minutes and neither of the guys wanted to wait that long. We had lunch in that park before heading over to Disneyland. There we were able to jump lines and not have to wait so long. We did Space Mountain, Star Tours, Indian Jones Ride, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and Matterhorn.

By 8ish Craig was getting tired so we called it a night. We had some dinner across the street at Denny's before making our way home. It was a fun visit to Disneyland and I can't wait to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment