Saturday, August 3, 2013

My New "Get Fit" Lifestyle

I was suppose to go to my friend Amy's going away party but the past few days I haven't been feeling well and today was no exception. Woke up with a soar throat and decided to just take it easy today. I did manage to clean the house a bit.. it's something easy to do as I can rest every few minutes. I feel guilty now just sitting and doing nothing. I watered the yard again and did a little bit of yard work. I played some LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online). As it's the perfect excuse to play when you're not feeling well. I also finished editing my next Alien Nation podcast. Now if my brother and I could only find the time to record more.

As part of my "get fit" lifestyle I have moved my elliptical from my garage/weight room to my house. My biggest excuse for not doing my cardio is that it's super hot outside, even at night and the garage is twice as hot. So now it's in my temperature controlled house.. no excuses. I also put it in my TV room so I can watch all the shows I have on my DVR while I am doing cardio and not feel guilty about taking time to watch some TV... no excuses. So my goal is to do at least a half hour of cardio a day. But what I'm really hoping is to do the elliptical three or four times a day while watching TV... get in a good few hours of low impact cardio.

Though I wasn't feeling well (no excuses), I still manage to do 30 minutes of cardio while watching a repeat of The Big Bang Theory. It's so nice to have the elliptical in the house.. though it almost killed me dragging it over here from the garage... anyways I think this will be a good thing. I manage to eat better today.. not great but I know that food will be my biggest issue and slowly but surely I'll will be changing my eating habits.

So Day 1 of my new "get fit" lifestyle has come to an end... and I'd say it was a success.. got only the rest of my life to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment