Saturday, September 28, 2013

Breakfast, Movies, TV & Roller Derby

I don't sleep well when I'm not in my own bed, so I was up around 7am after going to bed around 2:30am. I laid there for another hour or so before I actually got up. Those that had crashed the night before were all waking up... except Barbara... man that girl can sleep through anything.

Once we were up a few of us headed out to breakfast. Joining me, was Robert, Cait, Rupert, Donna and Aaron. We went to a local diner called NoHo Diner. We enjoyed a much needed breakfast, this place has some of the best breakfast in North Hollywood.

Once we were done we headed back to Will's but he was still sleeping. We said our goodbyes and headed out. I was going back to Robert's as we had plans tonight.

Once back at his place, Cait, Robert and I watched "This is the End". We had never seen it and all wanted to when it was in the theater. Here's a brief synopsis of the story: All Jay Baruchel expected coming to LA was a fun time with Seth Rogen with all the wild partying to have both by themselves and at James Franco's housewarming party. Suddenly, the Rapture hits and the Biblical Apocalypse has begun. Now, Jay and Seth are desperately sheltering in James' house for rescue along with a few other friends. Together, they must band together to attempt to survive the end of the world, only for Jay to find that they are all too dumb and superficial to do it until they discover the only way out.

My review; It was pretty much what I expected. A bit to raunchy at times, extremely stupid at times but also very funny and heartwarming. One of my favorite parts was seeing all the stars during the party scene at the beginning. Of course 95% of them die when the apocalypse begins. And as you can guess one of my favorite scene was with Emma Watson who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. I liked that they figured out how to get into heaven. Franco sacrificing himself for his friend and being taken up to heaven but of course he has to taunt the bad guys with the finger and foul language and the light disappears and he drops back to Earth only to be eaten by the bad guys. The end when Jay was being taken and Seth was going to sacrifice himself to save Jay had me tear up a little bit. It just reminded me of what you would do for your very best friend.

Overall it was an okay movie, it's not something I need to buy or will watch over and over again. For what it was, it was entertaining and I give it a solid B.

After the movie Cait took a nap as Robert and I went out to Taco Bell for some lunch. Once back we watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, as Robert had not seen it yet and this was going to be my third time in a week. I didn't care as I really enjoyed the pilot episode and it was fun watching with Robert.

After S.H.I.E.L.D. we continued our first time viewing of Babylon 5. We watched Season 2, episode 13 "Hunter, Prey" A fugitive doctor on the run from the Earth Alliance is on Babylon 5, but when Captain Sheridan learns the reasons why, the race is on to find him before Earthforce Security can seize him.

I really enjoyed this episode, we didn't see many of the alien main characters in this episode. We find out that Sheridan is more involved with this "special" group then we first thought. He's actively working against the Earth government, which made me happy as we know they are not on the up and up. I liked the pairing of Garibaldi and Doctor Franklin. We see some movement with Sheridan's relationship with Kosh. Hopefully will find out more info about Kosh and who he and his people are. Over all it was a very entertaining episode.

It was now time to head out, Robert, Cait and I went over to Tamar's place and waited for Cici. Tamar has the most adorable little doggie Max. Once Cici joined us we were off to dinner at a local restaurant called Green Peas. 

Once done with dinner we headed to down town Los Angeles for some roller derby. I had never been to a roller derby but have seen it on TV and movies before. I was super excited to be going. This is an all female banked track roller derby event put on by the Los Angeles Derby Dolls. Tonight's team were Sirens vs Fight Crew. I knew nothing about the rules when it started but after a few rounds I started to understand what was happening and really started getting into the game. It was a blast and something I can see doing again in the near future.

After roller derby we headed back to Robert's place, I got in my car and came home for a much needed good night sleep.

Thanks Robert for making this a pretty awesome two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment