Thursday, January 9, 2014

Moving In - Day 7, Internet & PGA

So this morning it hit me that I have been using alot of minutes talking to Erik everyday but even worse I have been using my data up on my phone because I don't have internet. So I checked both. I have only gone 9 days into this new billing cycle and I have already used 440 of my 550 minutes and I have used half of my 2gigs of data already. It will be interesting to see if I can make it another 21 days without going over.

And speaking of internet... I HAVE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that should help with my data plan. And now that I have internet I can use skype to save on minutes for my phone.

Continued my storage runs. I did three today and I'm happy to say that I finished bringing all my boxes. I even started bringing small pieces of furniture. So all I have left are the big pieces of furniture and a ton of toy bins.

Today I walked to dinner. I love that I can just walk out my front door and walk to several food places. I also found out that the red line (subway) is about a 20 minute walk for me. I plan on taking advantage of that as much as possible.

When I got back to my apartment there was a document taped to our front door with the results of our recent building inspection we had a few days ago. Lot's of little minor things like toilet leaking or closet doors off it's hinges. And I'm happy to say that my apartment didn't have any issues... and that could be because they fixed everything to rent it out and the other apartment, those tenant have been there for years.

In geeky news.. I voted for the PGA (Producer's Guild of America) Awards. The ceremony will be held in January and I can attend thought it's fairly expensive for a ticket and I'd have to rent a tux.

Speaking of PGA I got another screener which is very unusual as I rarely get screeners in January as I mentioned above we vote towards the end of December and beginning of January. But I'm happy I got this movie. .. The Wolf of Wall Street.

I'm having blog issues today. I don't know what is going on but my main website page isn't showing my posts. It might just be a cookie issue with my computer as I asked friends out there to check it out and it seems to be working just fine for all of them... I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Now for an update on the Erik and Kenny "get to know you" adventure. We continue to text on and off all day long. But we did upgrade our phone conversations to a video skype call. We get to see each other now as we chat. It was a blast, we talked for about and hour and a half. Such a different experience video chatting compared to just audio chatting. Hopefully we can continue our video skype chats.

No comments:

Post a Comment