Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Prescriptions, Kissing, Believe & The Flash

Started my day by calling CVS to get some prescriptions filled before I leave for my month long trip. Only problem is I need to get approval from my health insurance company as the three prescriptions are not due to be refilled for a few more weeks. I called my insurance company and the after waiting about fifteen minutes on hold the gentleman on the other end was extremely helpful and after another fifteen minutes of talking to him my request was approved. I did find out that they raised my rates again. I was unaware of this but he said they should have sent me something months ago which they may have and I didn't get it because of the move. All I know is I thought I was paying alot before at $332 a month but now it's $457.. that's an increase of $125 a month.. that's just crazy. There is no way I'm going to be able to keep this insurance.

Because of this I am now looking into the Obamacare option, Covered California. After attempting several times to fill out the form online and crashing three times I was finally able to submit my application. All I can do now is wait and see if I am approved for some sort of subsidized insurance... fingers crossed.

A friend posted this video on Facebook and I thought it was very cute.. I love kissing but don't get to do it that often anymore. They filmed 20 strangers kissing for the first time. Not only kissing but really kissing. I think it was the combination of the black and white, music and awkward adorableness of the couples that made it a fun watch.

)

I watched a new series on NBC called Believe. Levitation, telekinesis, the ability to control nature, see the future... since she was born, Bo has had gifts she could neither fully understand nor control. But now that she is 10 years old, her powers have become stronger and the threat from malevolent forces that would use her abilities to control the world has grown more dangerous. With her life and future in jeopardy, Bo's protector, Milton Winter, turns to an unlikely source to keep her safe - Tate, a wrongfully imprisoned death row inmate who's lost his will.

Tate and Bo begin an extraordinary journey, one in which trust must be earned. On the run and traveling from city to city, every place they stop and everyone they meet will be changed forever. But they'll have to keep going to stay one step ahead of the sinister forces after Bo's power... because it will take a miracle to keep them safe forever.

I really enjoyed the pilot episode. I think they establish the concept, the characters and storyline really well. The main actress who plays the little girl is fantastic, I knew a lot would rely on her acting talents and she has some. Not a big fan of this Tate character but then again I don't think you really are suppose to be a fan of his yet. The big revelations at the end of who he really is was a huge OMG moment.

I can't wait to see more of this series and see how it and her powers evolve. With the powerhouse duo of J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron, it's going to be EPIC!!!

The last thing I wanted to blog about for today was the new pictures of the upcoming new Flash series. I'm not currently watching Arrow which I know this character is spinning off from. I do hope to be all caught up on Arrow by the time this series premieres in the fall. The costume looks amazing. I'm glad it's not spandex.. it reminds me more of the new Superman costume from Man of Steel. Looks kind of old school and I love it. I can't wait for this new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment