Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Noah - My Review

So I saw Noah... I'm sure I don't have to give a synopsis, yes it's based off the Biblical story of Noah and the Ark. The film stars Russell Crowe as Noah along with Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman, Anthony Hopkins, and Douglas Booth. 

I had heard both good and bad things about this film. Most of the bad was coming from religious groups not agreeing with how Noah was represented in this film and how they changed things. These kinds of comments always makes me laugh as these are not direct interpretation of the stories.. they are adaptations. They are the version of the film maker. Anyways from the preview it looked good. Also it has Emma Watson and Logan Lerman, both actors I really enjoy. Even Jennifer Connolly is a plus for me. 

The acting was amazing, probably one of my favorite aspect of the film. The special effect were cool. The preview made it look action packed but it really wasn't... it really is a character driven movie. I enjoyed the representation of the fallen angels turned into these deformed rock creatures, kind of gave it a sci-fi feel.

I had a really difficult time liking the main character of Noah, not only is Russel Crowe not a favorite of mine but the last third of the film you were hoping he would die.. which of course we know he didn't. But overall it was an enjoyable movie. I don't think it's worthy of a Blu-ray purchase, at least not for me as I can't see myself watching this over and over again. I give Noah a solid B

No comments:

Post a Comment