Monday, June 2, 2014

Star Wars Pixs, Geekies, Knight Hoodie & Bronies

TMZ released some "leaked" behind the scene pictures from Star Wars Episode VII. I think it was a controlled leak. JJ is to smart to let anything really leak. The pictures don't really show much. If you want to check them out you can see them HERE.

I started judging the podcast and vlogs for The Geekie Awards. I already took care of the cosplay entries as there weren't to many but the podcast category has over 60 entries. I got through about 1/3 of them so far. I have until the end of June to listen and score them all.

I came across this AWESOME hoodie that I would so get if I had a job and money. It's defiantly going on my list of things to buy.. it's pretty FANTASTIC!!! It's a bit pricey at $99.95 but it's so unique and I've never seen anything like it, I think it's worth the price. You can check out the website HERE.

Today I watched Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony documentary. I have several male friends who are Bronies and I wanted to see what this was all about. This is
a 2012 documentary film centering on bronies, the adult fans of the 2010 animated television series, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. The film, funded through crowd-sourcing via Kickstarter, was originally envisioned to follow voice actor and executive producer John de Lancie to the 2012 Summer BronyCon in New Jersey. The project raised much more than anticipated, allowing it to grow in scope to include additional convention footage from European conventions.
  
I have seen alot of these "fan" documentaries and them portraying the fans in a "not so good" light. But I have to say that this one was the complete opposite. It was thoughtful, fun, and entertaining. I enjoyed all the guys those chose to feature. And by the end of the documentary I wanted to be a Bronie myself so I could join this amazing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment