Monday, July 7, 2014

RGQ - Favorite Robot/Android/AI

This morning I asked a Random Geek Question on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Here is what I asked: Who's your favorite Android - Robot - A.I. and why?

Here are some responses from Twitter -

  • @MattJSour  @Geekyfanboy Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons. Because of her sexy strut...and she cleans up things.
  •  @luisbermudez @Geekyfanboy Bender from Futurama. A sarcastic, drunken robot. That bends things. Called Bender. Because he drinks. So many levels.
  •  @BelRand @Geekyfanboy Buffybot! Because she'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!  
  •  @Parademon @Geekyfanboy I'll go with Data. I just like the straight man humor.situations.  
  •  @Lunachique @Geekyfanboy Data, because he is kind of like a kid, trying to find his way in his world.
  • @Aradinsc @Geekyfanboy Probably S.A.R.A.H., EDI & The Andromeda Ascendant As I thought they were all interesting characters in their own right 
  • @bonk_of_37 @Geekyfanboy The "man-machine" Maria from Metropolis. Top 10 all-time film for me. So ahead of its time.   
  • @egspoony @Geekyfanboy V.I.C.I (Voice Input Child Identicant) "Vicky" the robot. Cause she was prob my first celebrity crush.
  • @Josh_TolkienFan  @Geekyfanboy Data, Bender, R2D2, Bishop(Aliens), David(Prometheus), Hal 9000, Marcus Wright(Terminator Salvation), Roy Batty(Blade Runner) 
  • @OliviaYoungers @Geekyfanboy Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide -- he's the Eeyore of space!

And from Facebook - 
 
Doug Luberts - Marvin the Paranoid Android from "A Hitchhiker's Guide", because he's the funniest morbidly-depressed android around.

Daniel Vieira - No contest. Data Funny and innocent. 
 
Ken Todd - Kryton from Red Dwarf. Hilarious observations about people.

Andrew Stirling MacDonald - Bender from Futurama is my favorite. Runners-up include Marvin (Hitchhiker's) Legion (Mass Effect) and Morgan Primus (Star Trek: New Frontier).

Andrew Avalos - Twiki, because he's awesome...

Scarlett Weasley - Rosie from The Jetsons cuz she don't take no shit from anyone!

Data was clearly the winner getting 4 votes but two things really surprised me about this poll.. first that Rosie from The Jetsons got several votes and that R2D2 got none. 

As for me my favorite it has to be R2D2 with Data coming in a close second. Let me know who your favorite Android, Robot and/or A.I. is down in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment