Saturday, November 1, 2014

Snail Mail Issues

The past few days have been pretty light on geeky things to blog about so I figured I'd blog about something boring.. like snail mail.

I haven't gotten any mail in the past 2 weeks which is very unusual for me since I get junk mail everyday and it's election time and I have been getting a ton of political flyers so it seemed very odd to me. I contacted the post office last week but they never got back to me so I contacted them again yesterday and that seemed to work. They responded by giving me my route number and office phone number to my mail carrier and said that I should call them directly between 8am to 8:30am.  Yeah not a lot of help, so I did as they requested and got up on a Saturday by 8am so I could call in between that short time frame but they never answered. So when I went down to check the mail as I have done the past two weeks I was shocked to see my mailbox full of mail. Of course they removed all the junk mail so it was a good stack of letters and some political flyers. There was no explanation as to why my mail was being held or anything. My mail carrier never called me back. Needless to see it's very bizarre and I may never know why I didn't get mail for those two weeks. But I'm thinking there was a mail "hold" put on an address in my building and they accidentally held my instead. For whatever reason I guess it doesn't matter as my mail is working again... so yay!! Hopefully I'll have more excited things to blog about with my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment