Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Podcasts and Websites

I spent the first few hours working/editing a guest podcast that I'm doing for Treks in Scifi Podcast. In this episode Rico (the host) and I talk about first Harry Potter book and movie. Unfortunately I didn't explain to him how I usually do podcasts and he had not prepared to record his own audio so he kind of did it on the fly and when I listened to his audio it's a bit over blown. I've spent the last few hours trying to normalize it but overblown audio is tough to fix. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and use what I got. It's still going to be fantastic but if you know me you know I'm a perfectionist, and the little things drive me crazy.

After working on the audio for a few hours I needed a break and moved on to building a new website. I actually have a website that I don't really promote as I'm very unhappy with it and I have been wanting to revamp it for years now. But even more important is that I want to make a website for my Geekyfanboy Productions so I can really start promoting my business.

I asked "social media" which "dummy" web builder I should use as I really don't have a clue how to build a website. Many said word press and since I already have a host and they have a word press app for it I figured I'd give it a go. Of course I built my previous website several years ago with word press but this time around it was like learning it all over again. It feels like when I do simple things it takes me hours to get a result. I didn't really make any progress with the site but I'm in the process of trying to find a "free" template that I like and once I have that I can start to build my new pages. If anyone wants to offer me their assistance in building my site I won't say no :)

No comments:

Post a Comment