Wednesday, February 18, 2015

New Firefly Action Figures

As I was surfing the net today I came across these Firefly Legacy Collection Action Figures! I had never heard of them so of course I had to investigate further. Come to find out that these were announced at last weeks New York Toyfare. They are being produced by Funko who made the "retro" Firefly figures that I had purchased last year. Unlike the 3 3/4 inch figures these are a full 6 inches and have way more detail and articulation, they look amazing. For the first series they are only doing five of the main cast members, Mal, Jayne, Kayle, Zoe and Wash. I'm hoping that they are planning to release the second set soon after with Simon, River, Inara and Book. But for now I'll take what I can get.. here's a bit more details about what to expect.

The beloved Browncoat Mal Reynolds brings his crew into the Legacy Collection. He wears his signature brown coat, red shirt, and knee-high boots. His face is solemn, considering the best course of action for his crew. He comes with two weapon accessories. After all, a smuggler’s got to protect himself somehow.

Muscle man Jayne Cobb won’t be seen without a weapon in hand – not even as a Legacy Collection action figure! He wears his usual clothes but comes with a veritable arsenal, two guns, an extra clip, and even a dagger.

The Kaylee Legacy figure has Jewel Staite’s sweet smile as she wears the iconic green coveralls, complete with teddy bear patch. She also wears her pink flowery shirt and comes with a wrench so she can repair the engine at any given time.

Husband and wife team Hoban “Wash” and Zoe Washburne also join the Legacy line. Wash wears his green flight suit and floral print shirt. And, since this is a fertile land (or is it your grave? Mwahaha!), he comes with two dinosaur figures.

Zoe wears her classic leather vest with her curly hair cascading down. She comes with two weapons, ready for action as the captain’s right hand woman.

I'm so excited that this beloved series (though it's been off the air for 12 years) is still finding love. And I will be picking up all of these to add to my every growing Firefly collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment