Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Reading Labels, My Hogwarts Letter & Finale of Becoming Us

After my workout I usual come home and have my "second" breakfast which consists of 1 egg, 1 piece of whole wheat toast and 2 slices of low sodium bacon. But I am out of bacon and eggs and haven't had a chance to go to the store to get more so I dug through my freezer and remembered that I had these Atkins Breakfast Bowls which are high in protein and now in sugar which is perfect for after a good workout. But after eating it I was looking at the packaging and noticed the crazy amount of sodium that is in this small portion of food. I just assumed since it was Atkins that it wasn't going to be that bad.. well I was wrong. Guess it goes to show that you really do need to read the labels before buying anything. I try and not buy those pre-packaged meals as I know they are full of bad things but somethings convenience wins.

My best bud Chris gave me this Hogwarts letter during comic con. He actually got letters for quite a few of his friends.. yeah he's pretty awesome. A few months ago he asked us where we were living and what room we were in when we were 11 years old. I instantly knew what he was doing and since I'm old an can't remember where I was living when I was 11 I went with Harry's address and room. What surprised me is the details of the letters. They are exact replicas from the movie. They even come with a Hogwart's Train ticket. Any 11 year old (or adult for that matter) would go crazy over this if your a Harry Potter fan. Thanks bud for this very cool and amazing gift.

I watched the finale of Becoming Us. You can read my initial thoughts about the series HERE.  Here's a quick synopsis: In this unscripted drama, a teenager named Ben learns to live with his dad becoming a woman. The series will follow Ben, his family and his friends as they support one another through this unexpected journey and navigate their new world with Charlie now living as Carly.

This was a 10 episodes first season and I have to say it was really good. I learned a lot of about transgender community. Since I work in TV I know how real "reality" shows can be but I hope there wasn't to much producing going on behind the scenes. There were some very heart wrenching moments and a few health scares along the way. Of course the main character is Ben (the 16 year old son) and within the year of filming he grew so much. I think that was my favorite part of the series. Watching him grieve over the loss of his father but finally accepting her new life and the part she will play in his life now. I don't know if there will be a second season or not but if it does come back I'll be there to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment