Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Amazing Twitter Post


I came across this twitter post that explained what it's like growing up a gay man and I couldn't have said it any better. I played a version of what I thought everyone wanted for 27 years before I was tired of it all and just wanted to be me. But because I pretended for so long to be straight I didn't know who I was, deep down. At first I considered myself bisexual because I was attracted to women, well some women... at least I thought I was.

Now that I've been out for over 22 years I have managed to strip down the "true" me. I'm now comfortable in my own skin, but it was a struggle for half of my life. Now I don't care what others think of me (for the most part) and I'm going to enjoy what time I have left just being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment