Friday, January 1, 2021

The Year That Was...

2020 has come to an end... and it has been a tough year for everyone, for me personally I turned 50 last year and was unable to have the huge cosplay 50th birthday party that I had been planning for several years, I also had planned to go to New Zealand as a birthday present to myself. I miss seeing my family and friends (yes we have Zoom) but it's not the same. I miss hanging out, eating out, shopping, going to the movies and amusement parks. But with all that said, I am still very fortunate and thankful because I have had steady work for the entirety of 2020 (which for my line of work is amazing). I was able to continue my job (Post Production Supervisor) from the safety of my home. Thank you Jay Leno's Garage S5, Monster Garage S1, Growing Belushi S1 and now back to Jay Leno's Garage S6. 

And speaking of my home I moved into my amazing townhouse/apartment the week that the official quarantine took effect here in Los Angeles back in March. My new place is in a more rural area on a hillside surrounded by beautiful lush trees and greenery. 

As for my health and fitness... my fitness journey continues, yes we lost Nerdstrong but the five years of working out there instilled a love of fitness that continued even in quarantine. I still work out five to six days a week and since I live in this beautiful rural area I took up walking a half hour to 45 minutes everyday. All of this along with changing my eating habits have lead to a leaner, more muscular and healthier me. My journey is far from over but I'm moving in the right direction. 

So 2020 is behind us and we now start 2021, I know things won't go back to "normal" but with the new vaccine and new leader in the White House... Let's hope 2021 is the year for recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment