Sunday, October 15, 2006

"Little" Outing

Entry for October 15, 2006 - "Little" Outing

Well today was my first outing with my new "little" brother Nico, he's 8. The funny thing is his older brother also got a new "Big" brother the same day and we both got there at the same time to pick up our "little’s".

Nico and I went to Sherman Oaks Castle Park. He loves golf and video games so I thought this would be the perfect place. We played two rounds of miniature golf, and he isn't bad. He got the only hole in one shot of the day. After golf we went inside and played a few video games, we played some ice hockey and then a two player X-men fighting game. We decided to take a break from video games and had some lunch. I got a burger and fries and he wanted pizza. You could buy it by the slice so I asked for one slice for him.. but he said he wanted two. I knew there was no way he was going to eat two slice, they were pretty big slices, but I also knew he didn't get breakfast. Well I was right.. he ate half a slice and wanted to take the rest home. Oh well .. now I know how much food to get him while we are out. After lunch we decided to play games that would give up tickets, you get enough tickets and you can redeem them for small prizes. We played and played and amassed about 465 tickets. So Nico had fun spending all of them and of course got a bunch on small toys and tootsie rolls. It was a fun time and a great first outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment