Tuesday, September 18, 2007

House Searching

So today towards the end of my shift I decided to take a look at craigslist and see if there were any houses for rent with in our price range. I have been looking three or four times a day for houses since we have to be out by the end of Oct. I see the new listing for a Three bedroom, 1 bath house in Reseda. Now Reseda is a hit and miss kind of city. Some parts are very slummy and some aren't so bad. They were asking $1750 a month for rent. It's a bit above where I wanted to pay but it was three bedrooms and said it had a very large backyard, another thing Harry and I are looking for. I normally don't like to bother people late at night so I decided to call in the morning. Well in the ad it said to call and leave a message and they would get back to you. I figured it was a voicemail system and why not call and leave a message.

Well I called and a man picked up the phone. I told him I was interested in house. He had a friendly voice and we chatted a bit about the place. He told me that he was showing the house tonight at 7:30 and gave me the address. I told him I wasn't sure what time I was getting off work but we would drive by and check out the area and then give him a call.

I did manage to get out of work early and I called him up and told him we would love to stop by and check out the house. He asked that we get there at 7:45 so he could show the house to a couple right before us. We got there a little early and we really liked the area. It's a lived in neighborhood but not run down and the house was cute and had a well taken care of look to it. Just as we pulled up three people walked out of the house and talked in front for about ten minutes. This couple was very interested and he gave them applications and they left. We got out of the car and walked up to the front door and met Bill (the owner). Just like he was on the phone he was a very friendly guy. He showed up inside and told us a little history of the house.

The living room/dining room is fairly small but nice, we then checked out the three bedrooms, Master bedroom is a good size, second one is a bit smaller and the third one is the smallest. It has a pretty nice bathroom and there are tons of cabinets and closets. The house was built in the 50's and has really cool architectural features. We next went to the kitchen, there are no appliances and it's fairly small but it's workable. Next was the backyard and that did it. The house is cute and nice but the backyard is AWESOME. The house sits on a 3000 sq feet lot and the house is about 1300 sq. feet so the back yard is about 2500 sq. feet. It has a nice patio area and an extra concrete rock patio on the side. And it had a one car garage.

It was everything we were looking for. The owner Bill was a super nice guy. We told him we were interested and really wanted this to work out. Bill seems to really like us also. He gave me an application and told me to fax it over to him first thing in the morning. Keep your fingers crossed that we get this place... we will be very disappointed if we don't.. it's perfect for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment