Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We got the HOUSE!!!!!!!

I got up early the today so I could get to work around 8 to fax my application for the house we say the previous night. I wanted to be the first to do it since I knew the other couple were very interested. I got to work and faxed it over to Bill. He called a few minutes later and told me he got it and will let me know by Friday. Well about two hours later he called and said I'm almost ready to give you the house but I do have one question. Since you are freelance would it be possible to see your past few years of tax forms just to make sure I make enough on my own. I told him that's not a problem. He said great let me talk to my accountant and I'll give you a call back in a few hours. A few hours pass and he called and says I would like to offer you the house. I was over the moon, I couldn't believe we finally got some good luck and got the house. I was so excited the first I did was call Harry. I had never heard him so excited before in my life. We were talking and being all giddy.. it was pretty funny.

We planned to meet at a local McDonalds and sign the lease at 7:30. Of course work was hell and I really had to force myself to leave to make it on time. I got home around 7:15 and couldn't find my tax forms so I started to panic. I did manage to fine an older tax paper and a Dec 06 paystub with my total gross and I did print out my balance in my savings. So we headed to McDonalds, where Bill was just finishing up dinner. We sat down and I showed him my paperwork, he looked it over and said.. looks good. So we started to go over the lease and the pet agreement and I signed on the dotted line. We now have a one year lease with an option to sign another one year lease. After I signed we sat there for an hour or so and just talked. Come to find out that, that house has been up for three or four weeks at $1850 and he has had alot of people look at it but he didn't feel the chemistry with them. He said there was on girl and her boyfriend who were very close but the day he was going to call and give it to her she called him and said boyfriend got cold feet and didn't want to move in together. He had just lowered it the day I saw it and have gotten hundreds of phone calls about it. Bill told us he didn't care about the money he wants good people who will really enjoy the house as much as he did. It was the first house he and his wife bought, they raised their kids there. The house means alot to him. We really connected with Bill. He's going to be an awesome landlord. So we feel very privilege that Bill chose us out of quite a few people. As I type this I still can't believe we are going to be living in a house. We now have a month to move in since we are paying rent at our old place and the new place. So it should be a fairly stressless move.

No comments:

Post a Comment