Saturday, October 4, 2008

Guild Shoot.. starring the Homeless Guy #1

Today was another Guild shoot. Today shoot was in the Hollywood area (can't tell you were) and was extra special because I was going to be on camera as a homeless guy. All shoots are always fun, very busy and long. Today was no exception. One cool thing that happened today was the house we were shooting at had a chessboard and Sandeep (Zaboo) asked if I wanted to play.. so for the next eight hours we played a game of chess.. between takes we would keep coming back to the board and making moves. I hadn't played in years and with the help of our audio guy Sean I held my own for a while.. in the end Sandeep won but it was a lot of fun.

The other cool thing about today’s shoot was I was an actor as well. About mid-day it was time to shoot my scene. I had given some ragged clothes to Leah (art director) so she could dirty them up. Next I went to the make up artist and she made me look dirty and sun worn. I put on my rags and was ready for action. We were shooting out on a Hollywood street. My job was to sit against a wall with several trash bag around me and leery at Codex (Felicia Day) and Zaboo (Sandeep) when they walked by. It actually started to lightly rain while I sat there. I pretended to drink from a bag-covered bottle and we did the take over and over and over again. Between scenes I would continue to sit there as 'regular' folks would walk by and stare at me or skit by me hold their purse close to them. It was alot of fun.. will see if I make it to the final cut but nonetheless it was great that they asked me to participate in one of my favorite web series.

Today's shoot lasted 12 hours and by the end I was exhausted and ready for home as we had another shoot day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment