Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Tax Time

Tonight I have an appointment to met my Tax guy Mike to do my 2008 taxes. I found Mike seven or eight years ago through my friend Renee. Mike is one of the nicest and funniest guys. He doesn't act like your typical stuffy accountant. He is super popular (because he is good) and every year I have to book an appointment with him earlier and earlier (now booking at the beginning of November). What is great about Mike is he explains everything in simple terms. I understand everything he is saying. Today I found out he is a geek also, he loves Star Trek, Stargate and many more sci fi TV shows. So besides him doing my taxes, we got to have a really good chat about Trek.

BTW In 2008 I made the most I have every made which worried him a little bit as it pushed me into a different tax bracket.. but in the end I'm getting back a bit from Federal taxes and a little back from State (or an IOU). As long as I don't have to pay and I get enough back to cover his fees I'm happy. So it was another good Tax season for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment