Monday, December 7, 2009

Cold, Rain and... SNOW

Today was our first winter storm.. it rained all day long, sometimes hard and sometime light. Traffic was horrible coming into work but I managed to take an alternate way into work so it wasn't that bad. While at work Harry would send reports of lakes forming at our house. The Grapevine was shut down because of snow and I figured it was going to be horrible traffic going home, but once on the road traffic was light. Maybe everyone was avoiding the 5 because of the shut down but I got into Agua Dulce in no time. I was almost home when Harry called and said that the once lakes in our driveway area were now frozen over and that I needed to be careful. As I was driving down the dirt road I noticed stuff falling from the sky.. it wasn't rain as it was not hitting my wind shield. When I got home I got out of my jeep and realized that it was actually snowing. It wasn't alot but it was snow.. I was very excited as I've only seen snow fall a few times in my lifetime and now it was snowing at my house. I was hoping it would rain again as it was now in the low 20's and if it rained it would snow for sure... guess will find out tomorrow when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment