Friday, December 11, 2009

What a Morning

Today I had a doctors appointment. My doctor is out in West Hollywood and the appointment was for 9:20am. So not knowing how long it would take to get to West Hollywood and the fact it was raining I got up at 6:30am and left my house by 7am. Traffic was actually not bad and the rain wasn't coming down hard so things were looking up. I got to my doctors office at 8:20am and found a metered spot right our front... looking good.

So I had an hour to kill. I had brought my netbook that Harry had bought me for my birthday. I was hoping to find some open wifi and surf the net.. bamm a very strong open signal, so I sat in my jeep listening to Christmas music and surfing the net.. life was good... until....

Around 9am I figure I would start packing up my computer and get ready to head up to the doctors office. As I was getting out of my car I pulled the keys out of the ignition and my warning bell went off.. it means my headlights are on. I then thought to myself.. "Oh Crap!!!! I had my engine off, headlights on and the radio on for the past hour... please, please battery don't be dead.. " I go to start the car and nothing.. I try again and get the familiar click click click sound of a dead battery. Okay.. not horrible, I'll call AAA when I get out of the appointment and they will come and give me a jump. So I exit the jeep and walk over to the meter and start to put quarters in. first quarter :15 minutes, second quarter :30 minutes, third quarter :30 minutes, fourth quarter :30 minutes.. wait a minute.. I'm parked in a 30 minute only metered spot and my appointment was still 20 minutes.. No problem that's plenty of time to find another parking spot... So I start to head back to my driving side when it hits me that my jeep battery is dead. I can't move the car.. so I'm stuck with a doctors appointment in 15 minutes and my jeep is at a :30 minute parking only.

I said screw it and hoped for the best.. I put in another quarter and brought my time up to :30 minutes and headed to my doctors office. I sat there watching the time click by as my :30 minute disappeared. Now I could only hope I get down there before a meter maid got to my meter. Thirty minutes pass the allotted time I head back down to my car and sure enough there is parking ticket on the wind shield for $40 bucks.

Sometimes life just SUCKS!!! But on a positive note I got in my jeep and after a few drives it started right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment