Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day Before House Warming

Today Harry and I have a ton of things to do before tomorrow. We were finally having our house warming party after 1 failed attempt back in Feburary when it was rained out. This time around it looks to be sunny and beautiful outside.

We've done a ton of work on the house and it's finally feeling like a home. We still need a few things like rug for our dining room and a coffee table to our living room but for the most part things look good. Today we focused one big thing and lots of small things. We knew we were going to wait to do the big cleaning tomorrow morning so today I worked on finishing up our "Star Trek" plate wall (it turned out GREAT). I worked on the Jason Palmer prints and putting them into their frames (which was a pain in the butt because they had to be just center). Harry got up and started to prep the hardwood floors and get them ready for their good cleaning tomorrow. We went shopping one last time for air blower, weed whacker and a few other items. I kept putting off the large project because I wasn't looking forward to doing it.

Finally there was nothing left to do and it was getting dark so I tackled the one big project in our office. When we painted a few months back we left an entire wall white as a friend of mine Greg Aronowitz is going to paint us a Star Trek Mural. Well he's such a busy guy and just hasn't had the time to do it and we've been looking at this white wall for 8 months and since it was our housewarming tomorrow I decided I was going to paint it.. so while we were out we purchased a gallon of the accent color in that room and started to paint. The hardest part was pulling the 2 desks back and trying not to break anything. I had about two feet of space between the wall and desks. It was tough trying to maneuver the ladder in such a small space and also not step in the paint tray. What was crazy is that the easiest part of the job was the actually painting and when I pulled off the painters tape the line were actually in good shape that I didn't feel I needed to repaint anything (I was so excited).

Later that night we went shopping for the BBQ, had to pick up hot dogs, hamburger, beer, soda and a much of other sides. There were 26 yes invites and 13 maybes so we bought food for 40 just to be on the safe side.

So all we have to do now is put up my Jason Palmer pictures and do one final cleaning of the house before noon tomorrow.

Man am I'm sore after painting.. I'm not as young as I use to be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment