Sunday, April 18, 2010

Jeep Top

For the past few months.. okay more like a year I have needed to replace my soft top on my Jeep. Every time it rained the top was so sun dried that the water would go right through and I would have to wear a hoodie so to keep from getting wet while driving. I also had towels on the seats because whenever it rained, they would get soaked.

I finally purchased one about five months ago and it's been sitting in my closet waiting to be put on. Now it sat there partly because I was lazy but in the instructions it says that when replacing the top it needs to be at least 70 degrees so the canvas will stretch. Well I could only do it on weekends and it seemed every weekend it was either cold or rainy and I couldn't do it.. on the weekends it was nice outside we would do something else and I would totally forget.

Anyways long story short when I took the dog out this morning the sun was beaming down and it felt very hot (and it was only 8:30am). So I check the temp and it was only 52 degrees but man did it feel hotter so I took a chance and decided that I was going to replace the top.

I read through the instruction, and I had to remove the old top.. once that was removed it was so much easier to understand the instructions as all I had to do was copy what I did to take off the top but backwards. It took about an hour and a half but I finally got everything back on and it looks great. I thought it was actually going to be very snug but it's actually kind of loose.. not too loose but not as tight as I had expected. Haven't taken it on the freeway yet so that will the real test.

No comments:

Post a Comment