Saturday, June 12, 2010

Harry Potter Final Shoot Day

Today is the final shoot day of principal photography on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which is the last movie in that series. As you all know I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I LOVED the books and really enjoy the movies. The book series ended a few years ago and now the movie series is coming to an end as well with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 in July of 2011.

I don't think the movies series ending will be as traumatic as the book series ending. The books ending that was it, no more Harry Potter. I remember wanting to read the final book as quickly as possible as I wanted to know what happen next but then I wanted to go slow because I didn't want it to end.

The movies have been a good adaptation of the books. Some folks complain that they cut out a lot of stuff from the books and I agree.. but I also know they are "adaptations" of the books and are not word for word. Some things you just can't visual show on screen like it's written on the page.

On a bright side once the movies are over next year they will be around for years to come to enjoy.. just like when I re-listen to the audio books over and over and over and never get tired of them. To me Harry Potter is right up there with Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and Firefly. It's some of the best Sci-fi / Fantasy stuff around.

1 comment: