Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Buddy Chris

So I just got word today that my best friend Chris is being deployed to Kuwait for six months. I knew that this could be a possibility for a while now. I mean Chris is in the Air Force but since he works on Nuclear weapons he has always been stateside. When he was transferred up to Montana last year I knew he was looking into deployment abroad. Luckily they don't normally get deployed into combat areas, it's usually security and such at bases and I know it's a good opportunity for him and his career, so I'm extremely happy that's he excited and happy about this.

Personally... I am not happy about this deployment, but that's me being selfish. Even though he lives in Montana we can still visit each other from time to time, it's only a $300 plane ticket. He will be in Kuwait for six months and there is no way of visiting him there... this will be the longest stretch of time that we have gone without seeing each other. Of course we'll still have skype and google hangouts (hopefully he'll have good internet) so hopefully will get to see each other from time to time but it's not the same.. Upside (yeah I'm always looking on the bright side of thing) I'll be able to send him some kick ass care packages and make all his buddies jealous :)

Since the day Chris and I meet we have not gone more then a day or two without talking... if it's not chatting over skype, google hangout or vent, it's text chatting via Facebook messenger or our phones. With him being a half a world away we won't have that luxury of talking everyday and I'm going to miss that. We are also gaming buddies, he's the reason I started playing LOTRO and I love questing with him. Now it looks like I'm going to be going solo with my little Hobbit.

I am not worried (okay maybe a little) that something might happen to him over there, but this is something he want's to do for our country and I'll stand behind him 100%. Chris and my relationship goes beyond friendship... we're family and I wish him all the best on his new adventure. Stay safe bud and you know I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment