Monday, October 14, 2013

A Rough Monday

Today I woke up with a sore throat and as the day progressed my symptoms got worse. By the end of the day I not only had a sore throat but I now had an ear ache, body ache, fever and a massive head ache. I think I caught a cold while on the set of My Gimpy Life :(

Though I felt like crap I had a MASH 4077 Podcast to edit, because of Gimpy Life shoot I wasn't able to get it done the week prior like I normally do and since today is the 14th and the podcast is due to be released on the 15th I had to work on it today. Of course I know there are no real "hard" deadlines in podcasts as no one pays for anything, it's all free and I could just postpone the release by a week or so. But being a podcast listener myself and having a few favorite podcasts that I listen to every month it drive's me crazy when those podcasts don't come out on a regular bases. And with MASH I have released a podcast on time on the 1st and the 15th of every month since I created the podcast and I wasn't about to lapse.

So I spent the entire day editing this podcast, I can normally get it done in 6 or so hours but today I had to work in small shifts as I wasn't about to sit up for to long without getting dizzy. I was about 95% done with it when my computer decided to start acting weird, it eventually froze and I had to do a hard re-boot. Unfortunately it wouldn't restart.. all I kept getting was a black screen with a cursor prompt. This is when panic set in as I haven't had the best of luck with computers. I figured one of the internal hard drives was bad and that I just lost everything that I had worked on. I spent the next 2 hours trying to figure out what the problem was. I was finally able to rebuild the re-boot system and what ever glitch was in the system was fixed and my computer started back with no loss of material.

I quickly finished editing the podcast and uploaded it to podbean and got it ready for it's release at midnight.... my record still intact :)

I hate being sick and I hope it passes me by quickly.. I got so much work I have to do on the house before it goes up for sale at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment