Friday, May 8, 2015

Dinner and Arcade Games

Since NerdStrong Gym is under construction, Friday's class was cancelled. I was going to go for a jog in the morning before work but I opted to actually take the day off. I only have one day a week where I don't workout so as a treat to myself I took a second day off.

During the evening after work Matt (who's visiting from England), Bel (who's visiting from Sweden) and I went out to dinner. I wanted to take Matt to one of my favorite places to get a tasty burger and some amazing cheddar fries.. Islands. Both Bel and Matt enjoyed the food, Bel's burger was gone before I even took the first bit of my hamburger.. so I think he liked it.

Afterwards Bel mentioned a bar where you can play old school arcade games. It was right down the street from where we were so we thought we'd check it out. It's called The One Up though you wouldn't know that from the outside as there was no name on the building.. just an 8-bit alien. Inside looked like your typical bar, but in the back corner was a room full of arcade games. These games were free to play as long as you're eating and or drinking. The guys ordered some beers while I had a diet coke and we played a few games like Frogger, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Pac Man and a couple more. It was alot of fun and I was surprising good at them, we played for a few hours. I had a blast and I could see myself coming back here again with some friends to hang out some nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment