Sunday, June 17, 2007

Computer Woes

My PC has been acting up for months now, but not enough to go through the hassle of re-formatting the hard drives. But today it started to do something worse and I started to get worried so I cleaned off one of my external hard drives and started to back up everything. Took me all day but I managed to back up my entire PC with exception of "My Video" folder which was pretty big. But I got most of it and I was happy. After I backed up everything I checked the external drive to make sure things were okay.. well there were issues. Even though the media was there the drive somehow lost it's format and was no longer a valid drive. I was disappointed but thought.. oh well I'll back it all up again tomorrow.

Well I get up Sunday morning and started my computer and guess what... yep it said that it didn't have a bootable drive and was unable to start. We tried booting from an external CD but it says I don't have any hard drives... then we you do a check on the hard drives and it says the drives are fine and working.

So it seems both my compuer and back up drive have crashed. Luckily I have about 70% of my stuff saved on DVD's but still I hate losing stuff, recent music, audio books, videos and e-comics. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to retrieve some of my missing media. Here's hoping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment