Friday, June 22, 2007

Computers, Computers, Computers

Well if you read my blog earlier you know my computer hard drive crashed and I had just backed up my entire drive to an external drive, which also crashed. Well we tried hooking up the external hard drive to Harry's Mac to see if it was noticed it. The Mac did see it but you could not mount it. I borrowed Disk Warrior from our friend Bruce, if you don't know what that is it's a fantastic program that can rebuild hard drives and almost always works. Well come to find out that now that Mac's use Intel processors the Disk Warrior won't work with them unless you buy (50 bucks) upgrade. I wasn't going to do this just because I wasn't sure this Mac program would work on a PC created drive.

My next plan was to see if my older G3 Mac laptop would see the drive and sure enough it did. I couldn't believe it. So I tired the Disk Warrior on it and found out that it cannot fix non-Mac drives, glad I didn't buy the upgrade. So instead we hooked up Harry's 500 gig external drive and started to copy over the media. It will take about four or five days to bring everything over... I have over 175 gig of info to transfer on a very slow G3. So it seems like everything is okay.. well except OX 9 for some reason has a weird flaw of truncating the names of a file. So all my e-comics say Star Trek #CHGSI$#$%.cbr and all my music have titles like Bonnie Raitt - Let's $#tnm9#$S.mp3. So it's going to take me a while to go though everything and rename it all so it make sense.. but I shouldn't complain at least I have gotten back about 90% of what I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment