Saturday, October 6, 2007

MOVING DAY

It's funny calling this moving day since Harry and I have been moving since last Sunday. But today was the day when we rent the UHaul and get the bulk of our stuff over to the house. By today we had moved about 2/3's of the boxes but there were still quite a bit of stuff to move. I rented the 17 foot UHaul and figued we would have to do several trips. A few weeks ago when we got the house I sent out a mass email to all of our friends for help with the move. I know moving sucks.. believe me I have done it enough and though I hate it I always help out friends when needed for this task. Well I got a few responses from my mass email and of those responses a few had plans (it happen to be Gay Day at Disneyland) and several were injured and could not help out but the majority just ignored my email....so we were on our own. Luckly my brother, his wife and my Dad did offer to help which was great.

Harry and I got up at 7am and picked up the UHaul, we still have some stuff to pack and did that for a few hours. By 9am we started to pack up the truck. Mike, Lora and Dad showed up about 10:30am and the moving really started to pick up. We had the truck loaded in no time. We went to the house, uploaded and headed to Denny's were I bought lunch for everyone. During lunch my brother informed me that they would help pack up the second load to the truck but had to leave after that, due to the fact that he had to go out drinking of something. So we packed up the truck for a second time and Mike, Lora and Dad left. Harry and I drove the truck to the house unpacked and returned the truck to UHaul before they closed. We still have stuff at the apartment but we were exhusted and knew we still had Sunday to pick the remaining stuff up. Back at the house we made a makeshift bed and fell asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment