Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blizzcon and The Guild


Today I got to go to Blizzcon, if you don't know what that is it's a huge convention for video game fanatics, this year being held at the Anehiem Convetion Center. I had never gone before not being a gamer myself but The Guild were the guest of houner and they were doing a panel and autograph signing and I thought it would be cool to video tape this for their BTS DVD extra stuff. So the wonderful Kim (Producer of The Guild) got me a "All Access" pass for the day.

I got there about 10am and there were geeks and nerds everyone. It reminded me alot of Comic Con. But it's very different once you are inside. There are a few booths and table but the majority of the area is made of to a few hundred computers. There were three main game areas, Diablo III, StarcraftII and World of Warcraft.

As soon as I got there Kim took me to Feleica who was playing Diablo III. I said a quick hello.. didn't want to bother her and then headed to The Guild table where they were selling cast photos, an exclusive drawing of the cast as their characters (which is beatiftul) and season one DVD. I hung out there and took some video, Guild stars would come and go, they would sign a few autographs and then head out to play a game. We all did lunch and headed up to the panel room. The room was packed, holding about 500 people and tons had to be turned away. (when will these people ever learn. Some this popular needs the largest room.) Anyways the panel went great.. the crowd loved them and I had a front middle seat and got some great video. They also showed a rough cut of episode one of season two and the crowd went crazy.. as did I. It was sooooo good and I can't wait to see the final product.

After the panel everyone headed down the the table to sign autographs. They were scheduled to sign from 3pm to 5pm. When we got down there, there was already a long line of people waiting. We got set up and started to sign. I videoed taked the autograph session as well as the super long line. I was going to videotape fans but it was so loud in that place. They had at one point at least 400+ people waiting. The autograph session went to about 5:30pm before the line finally died down. At this point I jumped in line because I'm a huge fan and I got the entire cast to sign a group cast photo as well as one of those beautiful drawing of the cast.

After the signing a few of them left for the day (the non gamers) while other went back to the floor to play some more games and Felicia and Jeff (Vork) stayed around and signed autographs for the late comers and did a few international interviews. I walked around to take some footage of the con it's self.

We finally closed the table down around 6:30pm and it was time for me to head home. With my Blizzcon goody bag in hand and some great footage for the BTS it was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment