Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince


Got up at 7am so I could get ready and be in line by 8am for a 9:30am screening. Of course I get to the theater at 8am and there is a line. There were only a about ten or so folks there so I got in behind them. As the hour pasted more and more people showed up. Finally at 9am they let us into the theater. I found a nice spot lower center, center. I sat there with anticipation, so excited to see this new Harry Potter film. From the first frame to the last frame my eyes never left the screen and when it was over I sat there speechless.

The movie runs about 2 1/2 hours and there wasn't a single time I looked at my watch or thought it was dragging. I laughed, I cried, I jumped out of my skin. Of course I have read all the books multiple times so I know the plot points but that still doesn't take anything away from the story. It fun to see how the film maker interprets the written words. Of course when you are reading them you picture things in your mind. Sometimes the film makers get it dead on and sometimes they don't. This movie was dark and tense but then at times was funny and sweet. The SFX blended so well with the story which blended with the acting which blended with the action to make this one of the best Potter films to date. There was so much emotions in the acting that I don't think I felt before in the other movies. There were several times when I had my hand over my mouth in shock at what I was seeing. This felt like a complete story not that the other Potter films did not. It's tough taking an 800 page book and making a 2 hour movie from it.. I understand things need to be cut but this movie cut all the right things but still let the story flow. Of course there were scenes that I missed from the book that I wish were in the movie but the stuff they did leave in the movie made up for it.

I feel like I'm rambling on and on. Needless to say I LOVED this movie and I can't wait to see it again and again. I'm sure as the movie sinks in more I'll post more thoughts again it.

No comments:

Post a Comment