Friday, September 18, 2009

Remodeling - Day Twenty

Today we started our day at the usual time, around 10 am. We tried to find stuff that we could put into Harry pickup truck but there wasn't much that was ready to go. Which is good because it means we have taken quite a bit of stuff to our new house and only the big furniture items are left. Once we were done packing the truck we headed out. We decided to pick up some lunch and choose Panda Express. We got to the house around 11.30 am. After lunch we unpacked the truck and started the painting. No sign of the contractor today, found out he had some family issues to take care of so today will not be his last day.. it's not planned for tomorrow.
Harry started painting the Master Bedroom accent walls in the deep red (which is going to take at least 3 coats to cover nicely). I started taping off the skylights in the Living Room. Once I was done with the taping I then started painting them. Harry came out to inform me that we were out of the "red" paint so he was done for the day in the Master Bedroom. He went outside to catch a nap while I finished painting the skylights.
Once I was done with that I moved on to the Coat Closet, I was painting it the color of the majority of the living/dining room. While Harry went and touched up some walls in the Master Bedroom and the closet doors in the Office.
By the time we were done it was getting dark and we were not going to use those heat lamps to light up any room (we already made that mistake once). So we called it a night.

We should be done with the majority of the painting tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath... Will see what happens...

Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment