Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Deck

Got up today all gung ho to get a ton of stuff done... well things didn't go quite as planned. In the morning I did a lot of podcast stuff. When Harry got up I went out back to clean up the deck area as it was really windy and we had debris all over the place. Halfway through that task Harry came out and helped out. We also ripped off all the blue liner that was covering the deck. We were happy to see that our deck isn't that bad.. a good sanding and staining and it should look awesome. We also did a few things around the outside of the house.

We watched a bit of TV and then decided to head into town and go grocery shopping and then pick up some lunch/dinner. Two hours later we were heading back home. We ate lunch/dinner and then watch a bit more TV. It was so difficult to motivate myself but I manage to get up and take some trash to the dumpster and then attempted to work on the garage which was what I wanted to do this weekend. Well that lasted 20 minutes as I realized I can't start this project so late in the day and that it's going to take an entire weekend to do. So I headed inside and just chilled out the rest of the night.

I really hate that it gets dark so early.. by 5:30pm it feels so late and my body checks out as soon as the sun goes down.

So we got a little bit of work done but far from what I had planned... hmmm maybe next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment