Thursday, December 17, 2009

Going Bald

I have been trying to deny this for the longest time but no longer.. I'm going bald!!!!

I have noticed that my hair has been getting thinner and thinner on top since my late 20's. It was hard at first because I had such a great head of curly hair all my life and now I was starting to see thinning. I went to the doctors and see if there was anything that could be done but alas he informed me that my hair lose has the characteristics of male pattern baldness.

For the next few years I tried to hide my thinning hair. I would grow it out and since it was long and curly I was able to comb it in a way where you couldn't see the thinning. Then while getting a hair cut the stylist told me that if the hair is shorter the thinning is less noticeable and she was right.. so I started shaving my head every few months and kept my hair super short.. that worked for a while but this last year life's been a bit stressful (buying a house) and I have notice that my hair has gone from thinning to being bald.

I don't know what changed but instead of trying to hide it or be embarrassed by it, I embraced it.. so I'm going bald, I don't know if I'll go completely bald (at least on top) but you know what.. I don't care. I can't do anything about it as I'm not buying a toupee.. I may try hair transplant down the road but for now I just have to live with it.

So here I am in all my baldness :)

2 comments:

  1. Join those of us who have embraced our lack of hair by shaving your head!

    Come to the dark side...we have cookies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's funny, I have a receding hairline but it hasn't really bothered me all that much, there are worse things, I turned 40 on Christmas Eve and I'm in pretty good health ( as far as I know ), you really can't ask for more than that.

    ReplyDelete