Friday, December 18, 2009

Sherlock Holmes

Today I was lucky enough to get an advance screening of the new Sherlock Holmes movie. The PRG (Producer's Guild of America) were sponsoring it. Since Harry didn't want to see it I took my friend Greg Aronowitz who really wanted to see it. It was playing at some Guild theater so no food or drinks allowed and because it was a pre-screening they didn't allow any cell phones.

Two hours flew by and what an AWESOME movie. I'm not going to give away any spoilers just my general thoughts of the film. It was a fun, murder mystery type movie. The acting was great, RDJ was the perfect Holmes and Jude Law was fantastic as Watson. It was funny, sad, action packed and kept you guessing the entire way through. I loved how it was shot and how they would slow things down and drop the audio.

I'm not a huge Sherlock Holmes fan so I don't know how true this is to the original but it was entertaining and I can't wait to see it again after Christmas. Here's hoping it does well so we can get a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment