Sunday, December 13, 2009

Xmas Tree and Family

Today the weather was much better, but regardless of the weather I was going to put up Christmas lights and we were going to get a Christmas Tree. So I started early in the morning on our back deck hanging lights on the back of the house since that was the part that over looked the hill and that folks would see the most. I didn't want to put staple holes in the trim of the house so I stapled the lights to the top of the roof. I manage to cover the back side of the house and then had to figure out how and what I was going to do for the rest of the house. First of all I didn't have a tall enough ladder to get on the roof. I didn't want to put holes on the trim and I really couldn't figure out where I wanted all the lights.. so I opted to not put lights up this year.. it's only 12 more day till Christmas and this was much more a hassle then it should have been. I'll do it next year and have a better game plan before the time comes. So with that I pulled down the few that I had put up and once Harry was up we went Christmas Tree shopping.

We normally get our trees from Home Depot as they have nice and cheap trees. Before that we went a little Christmas shopping at Target and while there we checked out some of the artificial trees. Both Harry and I have talked about getting one but I have been opposed to them for the longest time but this time around and they fact that they look so real now I was interesting in getting one. Target was having a 50% off sale on all their trees. We found two that we liked.. one pre-lite and one not.. the one that wasn't pre-lite looked a bit nicer and we both agreed that , that was the one for us.. of course they were sold out. They did have 2 of the other pre-lite ones but instead we decided to head 30 minutes south to the Santa Clarita Target and see if they had the tree that we really liked. We figured if they didn't we would get the pre-lite one from them.. as surely they would have some.

Well we get to the second Target and they had less then the first and were out of both Trees that we liked. We went next door to Lowes and there artificial trees were not an sale and didn't look as good. We checked out there live trees and they were the most pathetic things we saw. We opted to head back to the first Target and hope that one of the 2 pre-lite trees were still there.. if not we could always go to Home Depot, which was are original plan. Our luck changed and they still have one of the pre-lite trees that we liked. So we got a $300 tree for $150. Can't wait to put it up.

Oh while at Target we came across one of the best Tree Toppers around..

Took us almost 4 hours to get the tree but we came home for a half hour, visited with the dog and then headed to my Dad's to visit. Got to Dad's around 6pm and went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant and then back to his place to visit my brother, sister-in-law and nephew Kenobi. Spent about 3 hours with them and finally head home.. got home around 10:30pm and we were tired.. figured we will put the tree up after work tomorrow.. can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment