Thursday, January 7, 2010

AVATAR

I finally got to see this tonight.. I went after work. I did see it in DPL 3D.

I have one word for this movie.. EPIC!!! okay well I have more words. I loved this movie. It was beautiful, I could have sat there for hours watching them explore Pandora. The acting was great, Zoe who played Neytiri was awesome. I loved the story and the details about the Na'vi people. We really got to know these people. I love how they explained the connection of the planets, people, animals and the world. And did I mention that every shot of Pandora was BEAUTIFUL. You couldn't tell that the majority of this was CGI. The Na'vi looked so real and the world they lived in was fantastic. I did see this in 3D and wow what an experience. But I do think they movie would be just as beautiful and great in 2D. This wasn't your typical 3D, just so they can poke items into your face. This 3D actually made you feel like you were standing with them in their world. There were times when bugs, dust or ash was floating inches from your nose and want to swat it away. Several times when they would be looking down from a high distance my stomach would go queasy, it was so real.

I know there are people who hated the story or call it racist and I so don't understand that. But of course human beings can be cruel and intolerant at times, proof in this movie.

I can't wait to see this again and next time I want to see it in IMAX 3D. Can't wait to get back to Pandora.

No comments:

Post a Comment