Monday, March 15, 2010

The Underland Chronicles

My buddy Christopher turned me on to this new book series called The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins. He knew I was a HUGE Harry Potter fanatic and mentioned that these books are in the same vein as those and that I would enjoy them.

Well he was right.. I listened to the first book Gregor The Overlander while driving to and from work.. I laughed out loud, I sob, I loved it. The books are fairly short and go by in no time. I knew this series had me when I starting crying.. no balling over a cockroach. Of course as soon as I finished book 1 I had to find the others, there is a total of 5 books in this series. Well I breezed through the second book called, Gregor and the Prophecy of Band and loved every wild minute of it.. I just started the third book Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods and so far, I'm still very early in the story, I'm enjoying it.

When I first started to listen to the first book I said it felt like a kids book, but as it went I got more and more into the story and truly fell in love with the characters. And of course like the Harry Potter books they are getting more detailed and more complex as they go.

Here's a synopsis of the story: "The Underland Chronicles" is a five-part series of fantasy novels written by Suzanne Collins between 2003 and 2007. It tells the story of a boy named Gregor and his adventures in a land, called the "Underland", hidden under New York City. The Underland is inhabited by humans, who live in the stone city of Regalia, along with various giant versions of such creatures as bats, cockroaches, rats, and spiders. According to the author, the series involves many topics relating to war, including biological warfare, genocide, and military intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment